I just realised that I do not have enough male friends. Or: I only know handsome guys and smart ladies. But I’d make for a poor Penny anyway. So, with the cast change I’d have to turn TBBT into a tale of female nerds.
Which would be:
- Me as the ‘not crazy – my mother had me tested’ Dr. Dr. Sheldonia Cooper. And R. as my lovely partner who accepts me as I am.
- A. as Dr. Leonardine Hofstadter. Smart, nice, but with a tendency to servility.
- The wonderful, creative K. as Howard Zarah Wolowitz, and Mr. R. as her surprisingly successful husband.
- J. as Dr. Rajesh Simone Koothrappali. She’s better when she’s not talking, too.
- Who could live next door and just be pretty? … Mhm… Oh, that would be my boss S.
Coming to think of it: I am the casting director! Instead of a transgender season I could have a casting where my (male) friends have to tell me which role they want. Is there an English word for the German ‘Besetzungscouch’?
And then I would love to play Leonard’s mother 🙂